Friday, November 14, 2003

Ooops I did it again. And again.

Following those two unusually-serious-for-SWSL posts, an attempt at counterbalance: apparently Britney Spears has discovered the joys of intimate solitary self-indulgence (thanks to No Rock 'N' Roll Fun for the link). So, that explains new song 'Touch Of My Hand', then. Does it also explain the title of her new album, In The Zone?

This has also led me to speculate about where exactly this leaves Miss Aguilera. If I might be permitted to offer an analogy, it's all rather like the current state of British politics (no, hang on, bear with me on this one...): the further right that Tony and New "Labour" go, the less room there is for the Tories to manoeuvre, and they're squeezed into the margins. If Britney is now singing about wanking, how much further must Dirrty Christina go? Actually, it really doesn't bear thinking about - sorry I ever raised the thought.

No comments: