Friday, December 03, 2004

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in"

The Stylus I Love The 1990s series has reached its conclusion. Yep, MENSA members, that means 1999. As usual there are contributions from myself and Nick. It was very unnerving and, I must confess, surprising to discover that I'm practically the lone dissenting voice amidst the cacophony of scorn directed at 'American Beauty'. The level of hate is almost as staggering as the level of love shown to 'American Pie'...

Part One: 'Fight Club', 'No Scrubs' - TLC, 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?', 'Being John Malkovich', Pokemon
Part Two: the Latin pop explosion, Miss Cleo, Tom Green, 'American Beauty', Kid Rock
Part Three: Napster, 'Eyes Wide Shut', 'Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)' - Baz Luhrmann, 'The Blair Witch Project', Moby
Part Four: 'American Pie', 7UP / Budweiser adverts, 'You Get What You Give' - The New Radicals, 'Family Guy', the teengirl pop explosion
Part Five: 'The Matrix', Woodstock '99, 'Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace', 'Last Kiss' - Pearl Jam, Y2K scare

No comments: