Thursday, April 21, 2016

Know Your Enemy

"It's a cult. And the only thing that's going to adjust their ideological fixation is reality. I predict that this hashtag generation - look, for everyone that's out there spinning their little New Year's toy in your reporter's face - and I've watched those clips and I'm horrified as somebody who believes in free speech and is an artist, because those people are gonna be coming for me. Let's face it. It may not be tomorrow, but it's soon enough because I said the wrong thing on the wrong day because I was tired and I didn't take my X2 that day, or whatever. You know what I mean? It's like, to live like that, to live where every word is a landmine - you know what I'm saying - it's not the world I want to live in."

Billy Corgan - a man who could easily be the sole supplier of quotes for the Know Your Enemy features - attacks "social justice warriors" in a diatribe in which he compares them to the KKK. Yes, Billy (or should I call you "William"?), it's all political correctness gone mad, isn't it?

Corgan no doubt felt encouraged to vent by the fact that he was in conversation with Alex Jones, the rabid right-wing conspiracy theorist once branded "the worst person I've ever interviewed" by Andrew Neil. Not so much a meeting of minds, then, as a meeting of megalomaniac nutjobs.

No comments: